RECORD BREAKING 169,743 Registered ADEM Voters
The California Democratic Party Bylaws (Article VI) provide that an Assembly District Election Meetings (ADEMS) be held in each of the 80 California Assembly Districts in January of each odd-numbered year to elect 7 “self-identified female” and 7 “other than self-identified female” to be Assembly District Delegates (ADDs) to represent the Assembly District they are registered in. These elections are open to all California Democrats.
Assembly District Delegates (ADD) the Democratic State Central Committee (DSCC) are responsible for planning and attending informational meetings throughout the region and working with other DSCC delegates throughout California to represent their community.
AD Delegates are elected by voters (to participate in the ADEM you MUST be a registered Democrat in that Assembly District).
AD delegates vote within CA Democratic Party on behalf of the community they represent at CDP Regional Meetings, the California Democratic Party Convention, and those who are also elected to serve as an Executive Board member are responsible for voting and representing their community at the semi-annual E-Board meetings.
Role of Delegates
Together, CADEM Delegates vote and conduct Party business at the yearly State Convention and Executive Board meetings, including:
- Election of CDP Officers: Chairman, two Vice-Chairs, Secretary and Controller (in odd-numbered years after presidential elections)
- Election of 16-25 Regional Directors who function as liaisons between the California Democratic Party, County Central Committees, and Democratic Clubs in regions comprised of 3 to 5 Assembly Districts (in odd-numbered years)
- Vote for the Endorsements of the California Democratic Party for partisan legislative and statewide offices in California
- Vote for Positions on Ballot Propositions (as needed)
- Establishment of the official California Democratic State Party Platform (in even-numbered years), and CDP Resolutions
Register to vote for the
2021 ADEM Elections
*The deadline to register for a vote by mail ballot is January 11, 2021
If you are running as a candidate, your application to run will also generate a vote by mail ballot.
Do not fill out this application if you intend to apply to run as a candidate. This will delay the processing of your candidate application.
The 2021 ADEM time period to request a ballot has closed. All ballots have been mailed. All ADEM ballots must be received at either the LA (P.O. Box 640 Van Nuys, CA 91408) or the Sacramento (P.O. Box 160757, Sacramento CA 95816-9998) by February 3rd. Ballots received after this date will not be counted. If you have additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 ADEMs Election
DATES & EXTENDED DEADLINES
- Wednesday, Feb. 3, 2021 – Deadline for ADEMs Ballot to be Received.
- Tuesday, Feb. 9, 2021 – Final ADEM election results posted to CADEM website.
- Monday, Feb. 15, 2021 – Deadline for appointed County Committees, Elected Officials, and Statewide Chartered Organizations.
- Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2021 – The 2021 – 2023 DSCC Roster Finalized.